1. minimum 6 megapixels. This may give you quality sufficient to do an A3 print(roughly 11X17 inside.) The megapixel myth Even though, theoretically,more megapixels convert to better images,the mgpx “count” is basically a sales “tool” to attract you to buy.
As people girls in the naughty films are always telling us(as well as,need I say,enthusiastically showing) size is important! And in the actual digi-cam world it is the size of the actual chip(not the number of megapixels)that is the core factor in graphic quality.
2. The brand/make is unimportant.The competition is so fierce in this market that just about any digi-unit of 6mgpx will be of equivalent quality.
3. If you have deep pockets the next step up is actually 12 mgpx plus,with the largest chip you can find.
4. Should you own a bank buy a medium format camera (Hasselbad/Pentax 6×7/Mamiya 7 etc.) and a digital back again. You can, at this writing, get a used Hasselblad for around $1000-1500(just the body, no lenses.) A 39mpx again for same will set you back $30,000 USD. A few. Digital Camcorders. Points #1 as well as #2 apply here also.
Past those, you should be considering:
A)Effects. ie -Do you want to do fades/wipes/ dissolves and other fancy”just like in da movies” stuff in the camera? Or are is yer plan to add Them later
B)Sound : Internal high quality microphone that begins automatically when you film. 16 bit/44.1stereo.(minimum.)99% of all camcorders will be thus.
C)Weight/Ease of handling. Lighter is not better if you are considering lotsa hand held shooting. Here,(regarding probably the only time) weight is your friend.
FILM Digital cameras
Here’s where you make out just like a bandit. And you have digital cameras to thank! As the puppet masters pulling the strings of International commerce have decided the world must be digital, things non-digital are “thrift store priced.Inches
1. example: a 35mm major brand camera, which pre-digital would have sold used for $1200 can now be scored for $400.With 2 lenses! Quality wise each 35mm or reflex camera made after 1980 is good to go. Avoid Eastern European manufacturers.And, again, if yer storage compartments are deep, buy a Leica.Yet unless you’re a pro,or very serious amateur(ie dull anal retentive)you’ll see nothing more.
2. Film.The print variety(employed by most non-pros)is readily available in most o’ da western World.Developable in a hour. Almost everywhere. And, highly affordable if you buy in bulk(“bricks”of 20)coming from monster discount stores. Three. Special Effects Photography. In especially, infa-red photography. Only possible (to be able to my taste)with motion picture camera. There is a filter with regard to digital cameras that produces an infared “effect.Inches But it does’nt rock my world. This is not the space for a detailed explanation.(That’s what Google is for) Briefly infra-red film(there are grayscale as well as color versions)is sensitive to both light and heat. Giving a variety of “artistic/bizarre” visual renditions, caused by the combination of temperature/subject/exposure.
My Starting Farewell
1. Three picture creation words to live by, applying to all of the above.Tripod.Tripod.Tripod! Don’t set off without it. Stop dreamin’yer gonna do those super smooth video clip pans hand held. Ain’t likely to happen! Even I, da mighty BG, after years of exercise, experience and exceptional wine, can only ace this 70% over a good day!
2. The Carnegie Hall Rule. Remember:”How can you get to Carnegie Hall?”"Practice.”Practice.”"Practice.”Same deal for great(as opposed to “not too bad”)images. Get up close n’ individual with yer gear before in which once-in-a-lifetime-perfect-light-moment in the exotic foreign location.You’ll thank yourself.(And the actually generous BG, bien sur.)
3. RESOURCES. All of the above can be had from Adorama Camera and BandHPhotoVideo. Both in New York.(the main one in those excited states. Not the U.Nited kingdom.)Both with monster stocks. Both relatively equal within price. Service, as you know too well dear reader, depends on who you get, how they slept, with whom, and the things they had for breakfast. Good luck! A little more excited/inspired for yer next adventure.
- Compact and External Camera’s Flash
- Black And White Travel Photography
- Professional Camera Bag: Carrying Your Photography Equipments in Style
- How To Seize Better Photos Once you Travel
- The all new Nikon Digital Camera D7000